Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Midnight ramblings

"Know therefore that the Lord your G-d is G-d; he is the faithful G-d,keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments."
~ Deuteronomy 7:9 

Over and over I fail myself
Over and over I fail G-d
Again and again He never fails me
Again and again He reaches down into my soul
He lifts me to His mountain tops.  
Again and again 
His covenant proves true
Unconditional love
Love that speaks to the heart
Love that heals the wounds of the past 
Love that reminds me I am alive 
I am not dead 
I am not dead
I hold His life 
I hold His love
I hold His very breath
Even when I fail 
when His laws escape me
even when it seems I have not loved him
He restores my soul
He calls my name
He speaks His love
When I fail, He re-signs
When I waiver from the path
He redeems the course 
His grace is bigger 
I know it to be true.  
For a thousand generations
He lives His covenant of love...
He lives it in me




2 comments: