Thursday, April 27, 2017

A profession

When someone hasn't put years of blood, sweat and tears or about $200K of their own money  into working towards a professional/personal/spiritual goal or spent over 10 yrs fighting for equal footing in a field dominated by men, it's really easy to suggest not caring or worrying, or walking away because it doesn't matter because there are lots of jobs out there. 


It matters. What I do is not a hobby to just be set aside.  It is a profession like a lawyer or doctor and warrants just as much education and preparation.  It is a call. It is my profession and vocation. I have poured my life into in ways I cannot even measure. 


The road has been hard. I have had to die to so many of my own ideas/wants. I have had to submit to people/programs/policies that I haven't 100% agreed with or enjoyed. I've had to wait longer than my male colleagues. I've had to jump through, not just the hoops all male pastors do, but extra hoops held 10 ft higher and lit on fire and then lick my own wounds acquired from the burns...despite all that...it matters. 


The call of God on my life matters and it is worth the fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment