Friday, February 27, 2015

Words are few - Friday, February 27, 2015

Yesterday, I went to a funeral home. I've been to them too often. I think we could all agree that even one time is too often.  My husband and I went to be with a friend of his from work. This friend didn't die. His 12 year old daughter passed away after a battle with cancer that no one should ever have to face, let alone a child.
These are the moments in life that make anyone question life and all things of faith. You're rocked by death and you questioned everything. There are no words in these moments.  We say so many stupid things in the presence of grief.  The loss goes so deep that it steals are words and hijacks hope.
Today, I visit a dear family member who is in Hospice. Cancer slowly taking yet another life.
And so my words are few today and rightly so.

No comments:

Post a Comment