Sunday, October 11, 2015

The Inspired Box

My mother-in-law gave me a small wooden box the other day.  It's maybe 3×5 inches and the lid is inscribed  "The Inspired Box," although you can barely read its gold lettering.
She suspected that I would appreciate the contents of the box since I am a pastor. As I opened the box, I was a little intrigued about what I might find. It was obvious that the box was older than me and maybe even twice as old as me.

Inside I found tiny scrolls,  each containing a scripture verse (KJV version). It was designed for the recipient to draw a scroll from the box and to be inspired and blessed by the promise the Word provides.  You can place the scrolls back in and reuse the box over and over. 

I wonder how many people in its lifetime have pulled out these tiny scrolls and heard the Word of the Lord? I wonder if this tiny box sat in room unused?  Did it fulfill its purpose? Or has it yet to be explored?

I don't know the answers to those questions. However, I am going to bring these scrolls to you as I pull them from their box.  And perhaps together we can be inspired! 

No comments:

Post a Comment